Sunday 21 December 2014



Happy Sunday everybody. Today, I wanted to do a quick and simple blog post about nails. For the past few months, I've been shaping my nails similarly to the stiletto nail trend. When I first saw this trend, I really wasn't a fan, but a friend of mine got her nails done at a salon and they looked lovely, so I wanted to give it a go. Personally, I don't have money for a nail salon and I've always been a Do It Yourself kind of gal, so I watched a tutorial on youtube and grabbed my nail file.

Without a doubt, it is the best shape for me and my nails and there are a couple of reasons for that. Firstly, they just look nice and cool, they're a statement and they add personality and style. (Okay, maybe my nails in the photo don't look very nice, because they're not freshly painted.) I feared that my nails would be weaker like this, but quite the opposite. My nails are stronger, more durable and hardly ever break anymore. In the odd case that a nail breaks, the tip is the only thing that breaks and you can easily shape the nail again.

There are few things to keep in mind though. Once you have finished filing the nails, you might notice that you are able to easily scratch people - or in my case, yourself - with the tip. But, the hardest thing for a lazy girl like me is maintaining the shape. My nails - like my hair - grow rather fast, so I need to file them every few days.

On my nails I have Deborah Shine Tech nail varnish in number 29, blog post here.

Bloglovin | Instagram | Lookbook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Twitter | Youtube


5 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I'm fan of stiletto nails, they are more durable and elegant!

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've personally never tried the stiletto nail look, but have always liked the look of it so I think I'll give it a go after reading this! Also love the shade on your nails :) seems perfect for this time of year

    Charlotte x
     Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually keep my nails short, but always painted. I am also a DIY girl when it comes to nails, I do not go to the salon. I might give this trend a try, hoping I don't end up for scratching myself or hurting my eyes when I put my contacts in !


    Fashion and Cookies
    Win a sweater or a trendy Cape with this awesome international Oasap Giveaway !

    ReplyDelete
  4. your nails look beautiful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: