Tuesday 23 July 2013
If I had to choose only one makeup product to use for the rest of my life it would certainly be mascara. I find that when I wear mascara, it instantly changes my face, it makes me look more awake and prettier. Since, mascara is such an important step in my makeup routine, I'm always on the search for the best one. Recently, my sister gave me the Avon Super Shock Max Mascara in Black and I have been using it ever since. It has a dry formula and a huge wand. After using it for a couple of months the product gets a lot drier, thus resulting in clumpier lashes. I'd definitely say that it adds more volume than length, as you can see from the photo above. In the top picture my lashes are completely au naturel and underneath my lashes have one coat of the mascara, without curling or brushing them. One coat is usually what I opt for on a regular basis, but for a night out two coats is also good. I wouldn't recommend adding more than two coats, as it would simply make the lashes clumpy and unnatural. My ideal mascara gives me length and volume, but still looks natural. I really dislike unnatural, thick and clumpy lashes and sometimes black can look quite odd against my light skin-tone. I think it's around €10 and for that price you can't really complain as the typical price tag for a high-street / drugstore mascara is around €15. I should also add that I have naturally long lashes, so most  of the time mascaras tend to look good on me. They simply dye my naturally blond lashes, giving me the length that's already there. In addition, this isn't waterproof, at all. This is definitely not my favourite mascara, but it's good enough. I don't think this is a product that I would repurchase any time soon, though.


Bloglovin | Instagram | Lookbook | Pinterest | Twitter | Youtube

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of fantastic things about this mascara. Thanks for your review - it's definitely made me reconsider whether or not I want to try it out.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a post on your favourite mascaras :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: